Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On Moving Mountains

While driving down Washington Road this morning, I saw a sign on a church marquee. If I were slightly more egocentric, I might say someone had posted it just for our family, knowing exactly how impatient Dad and I are. A gentle reminder, if you will.

"God can move mountains, but sometimes He moves them one shovel full at a time."

Today was a pretty sleepy day. More of those baby steps forward, inching toward recovery. We appreciate all the comments and cards - we are accumulating quite a collection in the room. I know that the brightness and the positive energy is doing her good.

One recent change (since Monday, I believe) that's got us tickled is that she is now yawning every so often. It's the most wonderfully normal thing we've seen yet. The first time she did it, we freaked out, not realizing what she was doing. It's become pretty habitual for her now, and it's so completely normal it makes you think she's just waking up from a nap. These little things make us think (in our amateur medical sort of way) that her brain is getting back into some of its normal processes. Yawning, for instance, to get a little more oxygen when she's getting tired.

We'll take it one shovel full, one little yawn at a time. Keep that good energy coming.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Friend! This is your new best friend from WW....You will be so proud of me when you find out how good I've done the last couple of weeks. I miss you and your encouragement!! I may have to bring a shovel to help move that mountain though!! I'll be keeping you close... Nancy Redd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi! It's Gayle. Hope you have had a restful day. From reading Nancy's post, it sounds like she is doing well at WW, me....
    not so good! Hurry back, we need your encouragement and enthusiam! We miss our
    "back row buddy"!

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete