Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chillin' Part II

Rest and recuperation was the game plan and Judi was right on target. She continues to grow stronger and to use my term again, "lighter" as well. She is beginning to establish a sleep/awake cycle and I can predict her alertness level pretty accurately by her vital signs. She will focus on me and pulls my hand close to her chest when I talk to her. She still tires quickly. Slow, but steady progress from my perspective.

On a different note, tomorrow is Mother's Day and I want to say a special thank you to all the Moms out there for all you do. This experience has reminded me how quickly life can change and all of us should make a special effort to spend time with those that are special to us. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Judi!

    Have another restful day....

    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Judi! Have a great day and know that there is much love and prayer coming your way.

    Love,
    Heather Evans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Judi! Let's see, I'm guessing, on the exact year, but you gave birth to a beautiful, talented, brilliant, gifted daughter on July 4, 1982. Jessica! I know how proud you are of her and you get lot's of credit for the young woman she has become. You are an awesome mom, keep fighting, my stubborn friend!
    Beverly and David

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MY FRIEND JUDI WE ARE KEEPING YHOU IN OUR PRAYERS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. YOUR BOWLING FRIEND AND FRIEND DEBORAH TURNER

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear she's steadily improving. Happy Mother's Day Judi!
    Erika (Stone) Bates

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day Judi! I'm making a new dance video as your present, so hurry up and get better so that you can watch it! Can't wait to see your smile again...

    Love,
    Jessica N.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day, sister! I love you and pray for you every day. I will come to Augusta when I can.

    Love, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day Judi. Greg and Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you on this Mothers Day...thank you for being a good listen ....

    Nancy Redd
    (WW)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mother's Day, Judi :)) Hang in there-we love ya! Julie, Karl, Tori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a note to let you know we are praying for Judi and your family. We are also praying for wisdom for her medical team. I know this is an exhausting time for all your family. We will be praying for the Lord to give all of you strength and patience as well. It is hard to wait. Mark Shaw-DWPF

    ReplyDelete