Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fingers Crossed

Judi has spent the last week getting stronger, and we're hoping to see a positive result from it this next week. The liasion from Shepherd came to visit on Thursday to assess her. Initially, she did not seem positive, but Steve started coaching Judi and got her responding very well. The liasion seemed very positive when she left. We hope to hear on Monday if they will be able to take her. After a lot of discussion, research, and consideration, we really feel like Shepherd will be her best chance at recovery if they can accept her.

While there are no clear, tangible milestones to describe to you, she is clearly more alert and strong this week than ever before. Her recovery continues in the right direction. There are times when it seems she is just about to snap out of entirely. I

This was a somewhat hard week for all of us. Some of you may know that July 2nd is Steve and Judi's wedding anniversary. The 4th is my (Jessica's) birthday. This was definitely not the circumstances we expected to surround those milestones this year. But it brought into focus the reminder, as ever, of 'what's important?'

So hug those loved ones tight if you're BBQing and watching fireworks tonight. And keep your fingers crossed for us that we are going to hear "Pack up and head to Atlanta" on Monday! :)

8 comments:

  1. Steve, Jessica, and Judi...I have had all of you on my mind all day, as have many others, I am sure. I know this has been hard on all of you, but I also know that Judi has, in both of you, some of the best medicine there is to be had. Your strength and devotion reach out to her daily. Your prayers (and all of ours) reach out and envelope her in love each and every day. Let us know when you can what Shepherd says, and if she heads up I-20 to "Hotlanta", please let us know so that our thoughts, prayers, and cards can find their way as well. Tell Judi that "Jules" will be waiting to share that good, big cup of decaf with her when she is able. LOL, Julie S. (Jules)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve and Jessica,
    I have had trouble posting a comment for some reason, but I want you to know that you have all been in my thoughts since the day this tragedy happened. I will pray that everything works out for Shepherd, and please know that if there is anything Judi's AOA family can do, all you need to do is say the word. Tracy Parks

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue to stand in prayer with you for a total turn-a-round for Judi. You must be so encouraged with her response to external stimuli and the hope of improvement through rehabilitation.
    We trust that God will use the therapy to bring forth total healing and restoration.
    God bless you. Mark & Jane Jacobson WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. JESSICA, STEVE
    WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR JUDI AND THE BOTH OF YOU PLEASE TELL JUDI TO KEEP DOING THE BABY STEPS SHE IS A VERY STRONG LADY I KNOW SHE WILL COME OUT OF THIS ON TOP.

    SHARON DON AND TIFFANY HAMMETT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I continue to pray for all of you daily. Always remember, His strength is perfect when our strength is gone. Angie Jones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully things will work out and she will go to Shepherd. It is awesome! Happy bday, Jessica. How is psycho kitty doing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive been out of town and was excited to read the news about Atlanta. I pray she meets the criteria for the next step in her recovery. My prayers are filled daily with your progress Judi and I just know your strength will pull you through all of this. Jess, thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Steve and Jes! I worked with Judi in neuro ICU. We rode together to work for those double shifts we used to do! I just heard about what happened to Judi and my heart is broken!! I will commit to pray for her daily. Please will you post here where I can send a card at Shepard Spinal. I know this is getting exhausting,but I also know Judi and I KNOW she'll be back with pleny to say!!! Thanks so much for this site!!
    Lynn (Madison) Streets

    ReplyDelete