Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hand Jive

An odd title - but fitting for today. Judi has decided it's time to give her limbs some exercise, and was showing a lot of movement with her hands today. It takes a great deal of concentration and effort for her, but she was managing to move both arms and hands with a fair range of motion.

Being out of the ICU has definitely been a culture shock, but it has been a good move. We are still adjusting to not having people in the room constantly, and are making an effort to not be high-maintenance. But it has been a peaceful environment for her, and she is getting some good rest time, even if it's just watching TV and testing out her toes.

I would like to also use this post to ask for a few favors!

At the advice of a family friend, we purchased a digital picture frame for Judi and loaded it up with pictures. If you have pictures of yourself that you would like for her to see, even if they are not pictures WITH her, I invite you to send those to me to add to the slideshow. Thanks to a computer crash and not knowing her password, I can't get all of her pictures. So if you have any you think she'd like, please send them my way by sending them to teamjudi@gmail.com. For the lovely Weight Watchers bunch who are walking in honor of her this weekend, please get a picture of yourselves and send it to the email! I will make sure she gets it.

While searching for information about the after-effects of a craniotomy, I stumbled upon the blog of a lovely lady named Jodi. (Not to be confused with Judi!) She is suffering from a brain tumor and has been through a great deal. The last few days have been especially hard for her, because she had to have a second surgery and is experiencing tremendously painful headaches.

It was humbling to read her story, because it reminded me that no matter how huge and life-encompassing this event has been to our little family, there are people dealing with their own traumas all over the world. I would like to ask you to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Her story is here, if you would like to let her know that you are praying for her.

As always, thank you for your continued support and love.

3 comments:

  1. Judi, next thing, you will using those hands to direct your care ;) You go girl! Julie S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard about Judi's accident yesterday during my monthly treatment. She provides so much joy and caring, and I miss her dearly. My heart, best wishes and prayers for her continued improvement is now part of my daily routine. I echo the comment...you go girl! We're behind you 110%. Saundra H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey yall! Did they put her on a new bed? Ha! Ha! I have tried to call you two a couple of times and have just had bad timing. I did speak with Dr. Rigg and he said he would follow up with a Dr. Harmon @ Select. Sounds like she is doing well. We miss yall! traci hentges

    ReplyDelete