Saturday, June 6, 2009

Coming Up

Judi has continued to make progress over her first week in her new room. She has become markedly more aware of what is going on, and is starting to localize pain. Though we don't like to know that she is hurting, it is definitely a sign of progress that she can move her hands to show where her discomfort is. This makes it a little easier for us to react and make sure she either gets moved or receives some pain medication to make her comfortable.

Her Weight Watchers group did a 5k this morning and dedicated their participation to Judi. They brought us a t-shirt for her on a special gold hanger, which is an award they give at their WW group. We took it in to show her this morning, and she had a very strong reaction to it, like she was trying to really take in what it was. Now it's hanging up where she can check it out, and maybe it will help remind her to keep taking those steps! Thanks so much for bringing to us.

In any case, she is continuing to take those little steps forward. Steve has been looking into some doctors who are highly experienced in Judi's type of injury, and one of them will be coming to check on her next week. We are hoping they can help come up with a game plan that will get her trucking on down the road to recovery. :)

In the meantime, just keep those prayers going. Every little bit counts!

2 comments:

  1. Aloha,

    After reading your comment on my daughter's blog (www.amiracleforjodibrown.blogspot.com) I came to your blog and have been reading about Judi's experiences. What an amazing blessing this has been to me. I am so grateful that good people are reaching out to bless the lives of others, even those they do not know.

    Thank you for your inspiring message written to our Jodi and our family. It has made a wonderful difference.

    Thank you for sharing Judi's experiences in this way, so others can learn, grow, and maybe be of some small help. Judi is now in our prayers and our thoughts and we are wishing her the very best in the day ahead.

    With much love and appreciation,

    Von Orgill
    (Jodi Orgill Brown's Father)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on the blog and read about Judy's joy of riding her bike. I had called her to ask her for reference. We talked a long time about a lot of things. Mostly, she was encouraging me to get out of the house and LIVE since I lost my husband almost a year ago. (She was one of his nurses.) I know Judy believes in living life to the fullest. She said to me, "Guess what Steve is getting me for my birthday?", her voice sounding like a child responding to what they want Santa to bring. When I had no idea, I could SEE the smile on her face even though we were on the phone when she said, "my own Harley!". She was so thrilled and full of anticipation and joy. I, too, had reservations for her safety, but simply because I am afraid. More people should live their lives as Judy has - to the fullest. Her life brings JOY to so many because she is the person she is - just Judy- and that is what makes her so special a lady. My prayers continue for all of you. Nancy Smith

    ReplyDelete